Thus saith the Lord, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls.Jeremiah 6:16a
Thursday, February 11, 2010
Seth
Seth - our firstborn son. What a tremendous blessing he is to me. He is so full of ideas and dreams and is so ambitious. There is nothing he thinks to be too hard for him to do. I have been amazed at how he has stepped up and is thriving on being responsible for his puppy. What a joy it is to see him and Buddy playing together. Buddy will be in his crate and Seth will come into the kitchen and I have seen Buddy just watch Seth wherever he goes. He knows that Seth is "his" person. He is such a wonderful brother. Just today, I caught him swinging Hannah around in his arms and saying, "You're my cutie." Seth loves to try new things and he is so open to learning about everything. I am amazed at how much he knows of fishing and bait and tackle, just from the little bit if knowledge that has been shared with him. He is so very excited about going on the canoe trip again this year with Jeremiah and some of our friends. Just the guys. He loves it...sleeping out under the stars and everything! But, he has a side that wants to know how to crochet and sew and cook and bake as well. In fact, today, he baked homemade dog biscuits for his puppy (and we shared a few with Sophie, too!). I was busy with dinner and he measured the ingredients, mixed, kneaded and rolled it out himself. Then he cut out the biscuits in the shape of dog bones, dogs and a few ducks. Oh, and some letters to spell 'dog'. :-) Can you imagine how thrilled he was when Buddy went nuts over that little biscuit??? Now he wants to start making them a selling them. If you're interested in homemade dog biscuits, please email me! LOL Oh, he loves to make lists. So much like his mama. :-) You have made his day if you give him a little notepad or notebook. I always hoped that God would bless me with a house full of little men and I suppose when my three get a little older it will seem to be a houseful! I am very blessed to have such sweet sons and I pray everyday that God would help me to be the mother they deserve to have. I'm very much looking forward to celebrating his birthday with him on Saturday! I can't wait for him to see what I made. He's really been wanting one. I hope he likes it!




Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment