Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Christmas Cookie Plates Update

Our cute little M & M eatin' girly.

Okay, we're restocked with eggs and flour so cookie baking can proceed! Here is the freezer status on our cookie baking project thus far. We have baked and frozen:
  • Brunekake
  • Butter Pecan Cookies
  • Gingersnaps
  • Peanut Butter Bon-Bons
  • Peanut Butter Cookies
We have made (and eaten!) 2 batches of No-Bake Cookies. I know. I know. Last week we decided to substitute M&M Cookies for the Oatmeal Raisin and they didn't turn out. I did find a different M&M Cookie recipe, so we're going to try again. We may not end up with all that I had hoped, but I think we may do some easy fudge and some peppermint bark to make up the difference. I came across recipes for those and they look simple and delicious. Oh, we might also do some Spritz Cookies as I am itching to use my cookie press and I think they turn out so cute.

She's counting them! Just kidding. I think she was picking one out to eat.

When she saw the bag of M & M's on the counter, she was very happy to help.

I am still enjoying having only a little to do each day. It makes it so much more manageable for me. I have lost most of my helpers. Emily is still hanging in there and Hannah (of course - she wants to lick whatever we give her!) but the other children lost interest many batches ago.

Gingersnaps. Warm and soft just out of the oven. I only ate those two. Really.

I'll think we'll start making plates and delivering toward the end of next week!

Peanut Butter Bon-Bons. These are so delicious.

No comments: