Monday, September 7, 2009

Highlights from Daddy's week off

Last week was Jeremiah's "off week" and we had hoped to do lots of fun family stuff with the children. Unfortunately, Samuel's illness cut our time short, however, it was all in God's timing as Jeremiah was able to mostly care for the children since he was home with only a little help from Rachel. It was while he was on his way to bring me some needed items that his car broke down so he was able to get it to a mechanic and he wasn't stranded tomorrow morning on his way back to work at 4:30am.


On Monday, Jeremiah worked in the yard all day long and so the children and I surprised him with his favorite meal. It had been years since we had it. Mandy helped make that possible as she found the seasoning mix that I used to buy in our newlywed days but now can't find around here. I have been told that after all this time, it's at the Piggly Wiggly store where we occasionally shop. Go figure! We tried to make it really special for him and used a tablecloth, candles, cloth napkins and even matching dishes! All of the children didn't know what was up at first and kept asking who was coming to eat. LOL Guess that shows I don't put a whole lot of effort into making mealtimes more memorable at our house! All of us made him cards to thank him for all he does for us and for being such a great daddy.


On Tuesday, Jeremiah helped the children hang this old tire up on their old swingset and you would have thought they got a brand new swingset! They were so excited. They love tire swings.



Here's a picture of the snake Seth found on Thursday. I was in the midst of taking Samuel's temp and waiting on the nurse to call me back when he came running in asking for the camera and then he wanted me to look it up online to see what kind it was! (I still need to do that.) Also, Thursday was Aunt Rachel's birthday and Emily baked her a little cake. We took it to her house and visited with her and Uncle Heath and their dogs. The kids think of Lucy and Hank as cousins. LOL It was while we were at Rachel's house that she convinced me that Samuel was feverish, so we came home and well, you know the rest of that story.



We're working on the volcano tonight and when it erupts I will post a video. I was looking through the little booklet that came with the kit and they have all kinds of neat science kits that would be fun to try. One was making a potato conduct electricity and another was making a soda can robot. How fun! We'll have to try to get some of those. I guess we did have quite a bit of fun last week. Today, though, we had to do the grocery shopping as we will be without the van since Jeremiah will have to drive it to work, so that's all we did today. We were disappointed as we had plans with Rachel and Heath for today.

No comments: