One evening we tried our hand at making bagels in the bread machine. They turned out okay. We will have to work on making them better because everyone here loves bagels (and I do have a reputation to uphold when it comes to bagels).
Thus saith the Lord, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls.Jeremiah 6:16a
Thursday, October 15, 2009
A Plethora of Baked Goodies
While we have been quarantined for the past 11 days, Emily and I have done some baking. With all the hours I normally spend doing home school, I don't have much time or energy left over for baking, so we are trying to take our "lemons" (being homebound) and make some "lemonade".
One evening we tried our hand at making bagels in the bread machine. They turned out okay. We will have to work on making them better because everyone here loves bagels (and I do have a reputation to uphold when it comes to bagels).
Last week, Emily made Caramel Apple Pecan Bread and it was yummy. I found this recipe and the bagel recipe in a little Bread Machine Cookbook I have.
This morning, while making breakfast, I saw that we had some rapidly deteriorating bananas, so we whipped up a loaf of Banana Bread and using the apples that Papaw bought before he left (some yummy ones from a local orchard!) we made an Apple Pie.
Oh, and we can't forget the Brownies that Emily made last night for Grandpa Mac!
One evening we tried our hand at making bagels in the bread machine. They turned out okay. We will have to work on making them better because everyone here loves bagels (and I do have a reputation to uphold when it comes to bagels).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment