Friday, March 12, 2010

Hope & Promise of Spring

Before I started tilling.

This past Monday morning, Rachel came over and watched the four younger children while I took our van to the repair shop. Katie picked me up and brought me home. (Thank you, Lord, for sisters!) It was a beautiful day so Rachel stayed to watch the children while I tilled up a little garden plot. This year we are going to expand a little and we are hoping to have a little more variety in our harvest than last year.

Getting started. At first I tried not to tramp the dirt down where I was tilling, but it was almost impossible.
I will till it again as I plant.


Almost finished! The chickens loved digging in the freshly turned soil.
Noah loved running laps around our garden plot.

Who knew a patch of dirt could hold such hope and promise?

No comments: