Saturday, August 21, 2010

A Very Happy 1st Birthday

Our little man is one year old. Where does the time go?
Seems like yesterday we were just bringing him home.
One thing I am sure of,
Samuel is a continual source of joy and happiness for our family.
He is, along with his siblings, a true blessing and gift from God.

Finally! His turn to wear the birthday hat.

By way of update, Samuel is walking everywhere! Well, he will be as soon as the shoes I bought for him arrive. LOL He has very wide feet, so I had to order some online to get something that will hopefully fit.
He has seven teeth now but that doesn't keep him from eating whatever you give him!

I'm discovering the joy of keeping things simple when babies are this age.
He did not understand about opening the gifts. We had to help him.
I'm sure that by Christmas, he'll have that figured out.
We finally had to turn on the gift that Aunt Rachel and Joanna gave him (it played music) and he got excited.

This looks like fun! Thank you, Aunt Rachel and Joanna!

We had our very first virtual party guests...Granny and Grandad! Sam though that was really neat and in fact, kept his attention for most of the party.

Party guests having fun with Granny on the webcam.

Birthday breakfast...chocolate chip pancakes. Yum!

And on his farm he had a chick?...cow?...pig?...sheep!
When I saw the pattern to make these adorable felt barnyard animal balls,
I knew they would be the cutest gift for him! Paired with a new storybook,
it made a sweet, wholesome gift for our little man.



Love black & white photos!

Such a cutie with a sweet personality.

We were very excited about cousin Joanna attending the party.
However, she was not so impressed with our party. LOL

A barnyard themed cake made by his big sister, Emily.


After Hannah helped him blow out the candle, we gave him his ow
n little cupcake.

Handsome little man.

A little treat for the other children. I found this craft kit to make barnyard balloon animals.
They had a fun time making these and then playing with them.


No comments: