Monday, July 4, 2011

Father's Day

This year, Father's Day found our family in Ohio after the home going of our dear Grandpa Mac. We had a nice service at church that morning. The church gave a gift to each father there and then they had gift cards for some fathers. Jeremiah won a gift card for having the most children. He beat out the two fathers who are members there who have 5 children each. Hope they weren't too upset. Also, Jeremiah's dad won one for having the most extended family present. LOL

In all the hustle and bustle of leaving in a rush, I had remembered to pack the gifts I had ordered well in advance of Father's Day for Jeremiah and his dad. I had a lot of fun making the shirt and Papaw's hat. Jeremiah hasn't worn his shirt yet. Don't know if he likes it or not. I thought it was cute. :-)

Jeremiah is a great dad and he loves his children. He is a blessing to us everyday. We are thankful that he loves the Lord and wants to lead his family on the straight and narrow way.

His shirt reads...World's Greatest DAD according to...
and then cartoon pictures of each one of the children with their names.


We are thankful for Papaw and Grandad, also, who have given us godly examples of what being a father should be. We are so blessed by the heritage that they have given to us. We love you both!

Happy Father's Day!

No comments: