Monday, July 4, 2011

Fiber Arts Monday


For those of you who follow my blog just to see cute pictures of our adorable children, I apologize in advance. I don't normally do a lot of link-ups (aside from my gardening link up) but this one struck my fancy because it's about sewing and such. I enjoy sewing even though I find very little time to actually sit at my machine and sew.

A couple of weeks ago, I was given this really neat reusable tote bag that zipped up into a little wallet type thing and slips right in my purse. I loved it! Quite by accident I came across this tutorial online for making these cute (& easy!) fold up tote bags. I dug through my tub of fabric and found enough scraps to make 4 of these bags and I have lots more fabric! I have only sewn up these two bags so far, but I thought they turned out just adorable and you can't beat the price - FREE! Plus, they are very simple to make and took me under an hour each (with interruptions).

2 comments:

Mommas Crafts said...

LOVE IT!

Christa said...

I've seen the tutorial before, but I never thought about making them until you mentioned how well they fold up.

I shop a lot at Save A Lot, and I much prefer bringing my own bags to using their boxes. However, my store is in a bad section of town and they have a policy that "all bags must be left up front".

Really lame, I know, since you're *supposed* to bring your own bags ... but I'm wondering if these would raise any eyebrows if I kept them in my purse.

Yours are lovely!