Thursday, July 14, 2011

Tie Dyed Fun!

I had grand plans this year for our summer. The children and I had made our lists of what we wanted to do and we started out really well. One of the things they requested we do again was tie dying shirts. We did them last year with my sister, Katie and it was a big hit! I was amazed at how easy it is now (as opposed to to dipping them in huge buckets of dye like we did when I was a kid) and so we dyed our shirts on June 16th. The plan was to wear them on the 1st Day of Summer, but we ended up in Ohio for a funeral that day. At any rate, we had a great time dying shirts with Nana, Rachel and Joanna.

I think this was Nana's first time tie dying. :-) We were so happy to have her join us!

Sam didn't go down for a nap and I thought we'd have a hard time keeping him out of the dye, but he did really well.
We did have to keep him from squeezing cousin JoJo too much! :-)

She was having so much fun designing her very own t-shirt!

Getting more creative this year (and independent!).
Last year I had to help them a lot, this year, I just helped the younger ones.


This is what we did that evening when all the children were at Rachel's house!

Nana's finished shirt.

We like to wear our tie dyed shirts for our 1st Day of Summer celebration, but this year we had to go to Ohio.
I did manage to remember to take a picture of all the children in their shirts. :-)
This was taken on our way to Ohio. I know they are not all looking, but I think it's a fun picture. :-)

No comments: