Our pastor brought a powerful message this morning on how Jesus took our place. Ours collectively as the entire human race and yet personally, individually, he took my place and yours. I was trying to get this point across to little Noah yesterday when he and I were in the van alone running an errand in town. I was thinking about Jesus presenting His blood to God the Father and saying, "This blood is for Stephenie Pyles." Yes, it was for everyone, for whosoever calleth on the name of the Lord, for whosoever believeth on Him, but it was for each one of us individually.
He brought out an interesting thought, something that I hadn't really thought about before, but how Barabbas is a picture of each one of us. He was in prison for insurecction, guilty and condemned and yet, Jesus was the one hanging on that cross and not him. He went free that day and so did we.
It was good for me to hear this message today. I have been saved more than 20 years and I think that it is good for me to be reminded of how guilty I was and how He redeemed me. Just because I gave my life to Christ as a child, didn't make me any less guilty of my sin or any less a sinner than anyone else. Praise God! He set me free!
1 comment:
Thanks for your post. Easter is always a time for me to reflect on what a precious gift our salvation is.
Have a great Monday!
Post a Comment