Saturday, June 11, 2011

An Evening in the Mountains


The night before Jeremiah's graduation, we drove up to Roan Mtn. to spend the night here. It was such a beautiful place and the accommodations were lovely. It was just a few miles from the church where Jeremiah's graduation was held and I only wish we had been able to spend more time there. It was so peaceful and quiet. I drove up on Friday with most of the children and Jeremiah and Seth met us there after their canoe trip. It was late evening when we arrived and getting dark, but we enjoyed some time outdoors exploring the grounds.






Samuel would get running so fast down the hill that he would fall down.
They were helping him get up and fix his hat after one such episode.


Abigail was rolling down the hill. I remember how much fun this was when I was a child.

I used the self-timer on our camera to get this picture of all of us.
Well, we're missing Seth and Jeremiah, but this was all of us that were there at the time.

This is the gazebo that was down the hill from where we were staying.

Cuties :-)

More cuties :-)

They really had fun climbing on the rocks.

I know you can't see the children too well but I didn't want to zoom in because you'd miss how huge this rock was! They had a blast climbing on it!

Proof that children don't need lots of toys and stuff...just give them a grassy field with a great hill for rolling down and they are happy! Can you see how much fun they had playing together that evening?

Along the lane were these quaint lampposts and while we were exploring, they came on. I couldn't resist some pictures. Emily said it reminded her of the Narnia books, when Lucy meets Mr. Tumnus at the lamppost. :-)


1 comment:

Mommas Crafts said...

looks like it was a blast!
love the pic with the lamppost