Monday, August 1, 2011

1st Day of School 2011-2012

Samuel makes everything more challenging, I mean fun!
I wonder what schooling him will be like in a few years???

Silly boy!

Now, where's that smile?

We will focus on helping Hannah learn the alphabet, shapes and counting this year.
She already does well with sorting and colors
.

Noah is officially registered in Kindergarten, but we will most
likely move quickly and begin some 1st grade later on this year.
He is very excited about growing caterpillars into butterflies and our ant hill project coming up very soon.


Abigail is our 3rd grader this year. She says that math takes too long, but she is really good at it. :-)
Her favorite part of school is the phonics lessons.


Seth is in 4th grade. We are trying history on the computer this year as an experiment. I was concerned that doing school on the computer would not work for him, but it turns out that the computer will read the text to him and he is very much an auditory learner, so I think it's going to work out well for him.

I'm in a bit of shock that Emily is in the 7th grade already. It doesn't seem like that long ago that the Kindergarten books arrived at our house and I was thrilled about teaching her to read, add and subtract! In only 2 years I will have a child in highschool! How can that be??? I'm still a 'young mom' with lots of littles running around! LOL
Emily is a voracious reader and that will take her far in her learning. I'm so proud of the young lady she is becoming and I know that God will use her greatly in her life.

Granny brought some individual white boards and dry erase markers to us this summer.
They helped Abigail not be so discouraged about math (at least for today!).

Hittin' the books!
Since it was our first day, we had some gaps still to fill and some schedule tweaking to do. We'll continue to tweak and adjust through the week and then we'll do some more tweaking and adjusting when Daniel arrives next month!

No comments: