Today marks the end of the 37th week. Baby Daniel is full term and can be born any time now. With only 21 days to go, I am getting quite anxious. I can't help but hope that we don't have to go all the way to the end. Most of our children have come early on their own (anywhere from 4 to 12 days) so that gives me a little hope.
Other than my back hurting when I try to do too much (which is most everyday) I am feeling pretty good. I would like to wake up feeling rested, but I know that will come after he is born. For now, I'm trying to make good use of the times when I can't sleep to read lots of the Word of God. My weight, blood pressure and Daniel's heart rate are all great! I am so blessed! Because of this, and the fact that I've had 6 children, my midwife reluctantly agrees to not making me drive the 50 miles (one way) to see her every week here at the end. :-)
I'm so excited about a surprise I have for the children this time! I am making them shirts to wear to the hospital when they meet Daniel. I've never done this before and I think that it will be fun! I've always wanted to have sibling shirts, but this time I finally did it. :-) Emily is helping me, of course, because there's not really much I can do here lately without her incredible help! She is such a blessing to me.
We have all the blankets and baby clothes washed, the car seat is ready to go, the bassinet is ready so now all we need is a baby! :-) I have been doing some freezer stocking the last 2 months and although I would like to have much more in the freezer, I'm thankful for what God has given me the strength to do this time. There is so much cleaning and organizing that I wanted to do, but it's just not going to get done. Once the bags are packed, I think I'm going to make myself chill out about the rest of the things that I didn't get to. :-) And on that note, Jeremiah is probably rolling his eyes and thinking, "Yeah, right." LOL He knows me too well.
Enjoy these pictures of the children helping me prepare for Daniel's arrival. Can you tell that they are excited about their new brother?!
Other than my back hurting when I try to do too much (which is most everyday) I am feeling pretty good. I would like to wake up feeling rested, but I know that will come after he is born. For now, I'm trying to make good use of the times when I can't sleep to read lots of the Word of God. My weight, blood pressure and Daniel's heart rate are all great! I am so blessed! Because of this, and the fact that I've had 6 children, my midwife reluctantly agrees to not making me drive the 50 miles (one way) to see her every week here at the end. :-)
I'm so excited about a surprise I have for the children this time! I am making them shirts to wear to the hospital when they meet Daniel. I've never done this before and I think that it will be fun! I've always wanted to have sibling shirts, but this time I finally did it. :-) Emily is helping me, of course, because there's not really much I can do here lately without her incredible help! She is such a blessing to me.
We have all the blankets and baby clothes washed, the car seat is ready to go, the bassinet is ready so now all we need is a baby! :-) I have been doing some freezer stocking the last 2 months and although I would like to have much more in the freezer, I'm thankful for what God has given me the strength to do this time. There is so much cleaning and organizing that I wanted to do, but it's just not going to get done. Once the bags are packed, I think I'm going to make myself chill out about the rest of the things that I didn't get to. :-) And on that note, Jeremiah is probably rolling his eyes and thinking, "Yeah, right." LOL He knows me too well.
Enjoy these pictures of the children helping me prepare for Daniel's arrival. Can you tell that they are excited about their new brother?!
Little brother, we can't wait to meet you!
Hannah has been very hands-on getting ready for baby Daniel's arrival. She has always been crazy about babies and we are delighting in seeing her excitement as she waits for her newest little brother to arrive.
Seth was able to read the directions all by himself this year and put the bassinet together.
All I did was watch! He loves being the man of the house.
Of course, the girls felt he needed help getting the ruffles 'just right'. You know ruffles are a girl thing. :-)


2 comments:
Baby Daniel you could not be put into a better home. We cant wait to meet you. Love your Aunt Rachel
Rachel, you are too sweet. What an encouragement you were to me this morning with your kind words. Love you!
Post a Comment