Friday, August 5, 2011

Hannah's Princess Tea Party

We bought Hannah a plastic tea set for her birthday in January. We couldn't have imagined how much she would enjoy it. Then, shortly after that, she discovered princesses and so I decided to combine the two and have a princess tea party for her this afternoon. I chose today because Jeremiah and the older children were going to be gone and it would just be the two of us while Samuel napped. It worked out beautifully! I really didn't go to a whole lot of expense or work to pull this off for her. I kept it really simple because I wasn't sure how she would go for it, but I know there will be more of these parties in the future. I used some ideas from this book and we had a delightful time. I've never hosted a tea party before, so I am sure the table is not set properly, but Hannah and I didn't mind. We enjoyed our time together.


I know, I'm not the most extraordinary decorator, but Hannah didn't seem to mind. She thought it was great!

See what I mean?

A new wand and some jewelry (from the dollar store!)



Putting jam on her biscuit



She kept calling me Princess Mommy Pyles (only Pyles sounds like Powells) LOL

She really enjoyed the simple chocolate truffles that she helped me make yesterday.

A little surprise!

I went shopping this week while she was at a friend's house and I was able to pick up this miniature princess tea set on clearance. She loved it!


I can't tell you how many cups of tea I *had* to drink because she was so excited to keep pouring me more!

Stirring her tea. We didn't use hot tea, we had a strawberry tea punch and it was cold, but she loved it!

You can just see the excitement all over her face! It is my prayer that this time together strengthened our relationship. I know it will be a treasured memory I will carry all through my life.

2 comments:

Mommas Crafts said...

Looks like i ma going to have to get some pointers from you when Joanna gos through it : )

Jeremiah and Stephenie said...

There will be lots of tea parties for Hannah and Joanna in the future! I'm thinking of doing one for her birthday and inviting a couple of little princesses to join her. :-)