Wednesday, November 26, 2008

'Twas the Night Before Thanksgiving...

The children and I have worked hard this week getting some long neglected household cleaning accomplished. Jeremiah only worked for an hour this morning so we took off for the big city to have lunch and just get out of the house. We had a nice lunch and the went to Wal-Mart. (What's a trip to town to celebrate your anniversary without a trip to Wally World?) Note to self: Get a Thanksgiving tablecloth EARLY next year. They did not have any fall stuff left, that I saw. I hate to think that after tomorrow I should start thinking about Christmas decorating, but I so love the fall decorations I have put out this year. I think the house looks so cozy and inviting.





This evening I pulled out the Thanksgiving papers I had printed off for the kids. That kept them busy for a while. All but Cinderella, um, I mean, Emily. LOL I hired her to organize my big messy cabinet. I had said I just wasn't going to worry about it, but it kept bothering me. Hey, she made some money and I'm happy 'cause nothing will fall out if someone opens the cabinet tomorrow. (Before and After pics below) She did a really great job! "Thanks Em!" While the kids were all occupied, I actually had some free time and the ingredients on hand to make Cool and Creamy Chocolate Fondue and some Cinnamon Tortilla Chips. Yum! Super easy and so yummy! (pic at the end of the post)



We have worked all month on memorizing the verses on the top right of our blog - Our Thanksgiving Theme, so to speak. Sunday morning at church we had a time of Testimonies of Thanksgiving. It reminded me of our verses so Jeremiah asked the preacher if we could quote them on Sunday night. Emily, Seth, Abby and I quoted those 2 verses. I know, it's not much at all, but The Lord put it on my heart so I knew we needed to do it.
Well, I'm gonna stop my ramblings here for now. Actually, I have some pictures to post for you from Saturday night - family fun with Dad! You won't believe it! :-)

No comments: