Thursday, January 8, 2009

Craft/Handwork Activity

The children were given a couple of neat craft books for Christmas. One of them was Knot Again! The Complete Lanyard Kit. I think it's really important that the children learn to make and enjoy making things themselves, so I was really excited to see that they were given this book. (Thanks, Nana!) We have gone to trying a new 4-day school week and the idea was to take Fridays "off" to do different school activities, such as art and handwork, etc. Well, since I was extremely tired this morning from taking care of Hannah all night (she's sick - again), we decided to have our "off" day today. After chores and Bible Time were done, we got out this book and the girls had fun making bracelets and Seth made a keychain. I was really impressed at how easily they all picked it up. Abby was doing incredibly well with it. I thought maybe it would be too difficult for her, but she really seemed to enjoy it and she was so pleased that she had made it herself.






No comments: