
Emily turned 10 years old yesterday. A bittersweet milestone for me. Of couse, she is thrilled to be "10". We celebrated at home with Aunt Rachel, Aunt Katie and Bryson in addition to our crew. She wanted Pizza Hut for dinner, so we used their Book-It certificates to get the three older ones their own personal pizzas.

Emily requested that I make Brownie Pudding Cake again this year. It's chocolate cake on top with a fudge pudding on the bottom. She loves it. It is best served warm with ice cream, however, when I pulled the candles out, well, the bottoms had melted in the cake because it was hot still. Oops! She had Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough and Moose Tracks Ice Cream. Yum!


Aunt Katie gave her a pink camera case for the pink camera that she was given for Christmas. Aunt Rachel, Bryson, and Nana each gave her some money. She is looking forward to shopping on Friday when we go to Chattanooga for our first prenatal visit with our midwife. Abby and Hannah gave her a pretty pink shirt and her brothers gave her an awesome journal with the names of Jesus on it. Every service she takes sermon notes so we thought that would be good for taking notes.

Jeremiah and I gave her
this cake decorating instructional dvd from
Teaching Good Things. We watched it last night and before the dvd was over, Seth was giving her his order for his birthday cake. I love her enthusiasum and zeal! She hasn't even tried it yet, but is sure that she can do it! Jeremiah and I believe that we need to be giving our children opportunity to learn practical skills that they will carry with them through their whole life. Emily already has shown a great interest and skill in baking so we thought this would be the natural next step for her.

Emily and I have a journal that we write in and leave notes for each other. This has been such a blessing to me. It has opened up the lines of communication between us and allows us to share our thoughts and feelings. (I highly recommend this if you have a daughter.) Last night, she wrote in the journal and left it on my bed. I found it this morning and this is what she said, "I had the most wonderful time tonight! Thank you so much for the cake decorating dvd. I love it."
Now, for the rest of her gift from us, I will be taking her to Hobby Lobby or Michael's on Friday when we are in Chattanooga and we will purchase the supplies she needs to begin practicing her skills so she can be ready in
just over two weeks to make Seth a beautiful cake!
No comments:
Post a Comment