Sunday, November 29, 2009

Weekend in Review

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day with family and friends. I trust yours was, also. It's good to take a day to focus on remembering God's goodness to us. We were delighted to have Ms. Adah, a dear sweet lady from church, join us for lunch and a time of fellowship. I can't begin to tell you how excited we all were that she was coming. We also greatly enjoyed our time with our sisters and brother-in-law. Our lunch was yummy and best of all, I was able to relax and enjoy the day because we had cooked on Wednesday. That was so nice.

Mrs. Adah and Emily

Samuel's First Thanksgiving
Here he is letting Uncle Heath 'practice' holding a baby for when his baby gets here this summer.
See the little smile? Uncle Heath must be doin' just fine.

On Friday, we ventured out to town to get a few things. Jeremiah bought two nice towel bars for the bathroom and he and Seth got those hung up for the children to hang their towels on. I'm hoping this cuts down on laundry.

Saturday we worked around the house and Jeremiah took his car to the feed store to get the tire looked at. He thought it had hole in it. Well, when they were jacking it up, the tie rod, or something that is attached to it broke. So, it'll be a few days before we get it back because they had to order the part to fix it.
We had some pumpkin puree thawed out and I needed to use it up so we baked some pumpkin cookies last night. Boy, they were so delicious. Especially with the glaze. We never glazed them when I was a child, but it sure did make them even more delicious. They are one of my favorite cookies (those and gingersnaps, but they must be soft!) and I vividly remember baking them at home as a child.
Noah enjoyed drizzling glaze on some of the cookies.

Notice Emily's cookie? There is a GLOB of glaze on it that covers almost the entire cookie! LOL

Next week, back to the school books and cookie baking! I found a neat way to do cookie plates for Christmas giving that I think might just work for our busy life. I'll share about that next week.

No comments: