Monday, July 27, 2009

1st Day of HomeSchool (for this year)

School started today. Yes, it's a bit early, but when you have only one teacher and she needs maternity leave in 5 weeks you have to get started early, even though we don't quite have all the books we need, yet. I'm so glad that our children are eager to begin this new school year. They are excited about new books and new things to learn and so am I! They knew I had "surprises" for school and they enjoyed looking through their boxes of new supplies and organizing things. Please pray for our family as we begin our new school year.

Emily - 5th grade

Seth - 2nd grade

Abigail - 1st grade

Noah - Pre-K

Hannah - 18 months
Working on her Master's Degree from the School of Cute

You can see how delighted they were with their new school supplies. I invested in a roll of tape for each of them because I was tired of them taking mine all the time! There were also a few "just for fun" items, such as the watercolor paints and a little calculator for each of them.

Even Hannah got a set of chubby crayons that will hopefully keep her busy during some of our school hours, although she much prefers markers!

No comments: