Thursday, July 9, 2009

Small Town Fireworks

Last Friday evening, we went to the park in town to watch the fireworks display. We have lived here 5 years now and this was our first time doing this. We were pleasantly surprised with our small town fireworks. We arrived early to get a good spot to view them and we enjoyed visiting and sampling the food while we waited. Let's see, there were...
popsicles
(there's a little bit of a red one in Nana's hand)

hot dogs (or maybe sausages) with peppers and onions
I'm really not sure how much of it Papaw got to eat as Hannah was helping him.

nachos

and cotton candy!

There were some tents set up and people were selling their crafts. At one tent, there was a man who was making little glass decorations. It was interesting to watch him use a small torch to heat the glass so he could "cut" it to make the designs.

Hannah enjoyed the slide while we waited and Nana treated each of them to a jump in the bounce house. We didn't do the water slide and it's a good thing because on the water after dark, it got a little chilly! I'm not always prepared but I had thought to put a quilt in the van that day.

Rachel took some pictures of the fireworks with my camera.

Noah enjoyed the fireworks but didn't like the loud noises, so he watched the entire time with his fingers in his ears. I hate to admit it, but I did the same thing as a child.

Hannah watched like this the whole time. She didn't cry, but she was fearful of the noise. We were really pretty close so it was quite loud. She enjoyed watching, though.

No comments: