Saturday, July 4, 2009

Our Garden - We planted beans!

It has been a busy week in our garden. We have not harvested anything, but with Papaw's help, we got the tomatoes staked, he has shown us how to hoe the garden to keep the soil loose around the vegetables and we planted green beans! So, now we'll see what we get first...fresh green beans or our baby Samuel! We soaked our bean seeds overnight so they would "take" faster and I've read that they can produce in about 50 days. Samuel is due in about 60 days, so we'll see what happens.


Staking the tomatoes.




Emily loves to garden in her bare feet.


Even little Hannah wanted to help us today, so I let her help drop seeds into the rows.

Planting beans. I've read that they can grow on fences, so that's what we hope the outside rows will do. We'll put string across in the middle for the other rows.


Papaw has graciously been helping us with our garden and other projects while he has been here.

Our little garden helpers.

I was taking a picture and Hannah posed for me like this while saying "cheese". I couldn't resist posting it. She's just too cute.

It looks like we might have some tomatoes very soon.

No comments: