31 Weeks, 8th Month, 3rd Trimester
61 days and counting until Samuel's due date!
61 days and counting until Samuel's due date!
Can you believe it? I can't. It is amazing how quickly the time has seemed to pass during this pregnancy. I had another checkup today with my midwife and the 1-hour glucose test. That lovely test where you have to drink about 6 or so ounces of nasty orange syrup and then wait an hour for them to draw lots of blood. Why can they not just use a meter like my dad uses? Unless I hear from the office, I can assume that I passed that test. I have not had sugar problems with any pregnancy except Emily and I don't imagine that there will be problems this time.
My blood pressure and weight were both excellent. And since my weight gain has been so good, I'm only too happy to share that I've only gained 12 pounds in the last 7 months! I know, you were thinking I had gained 50 after looking at the picture in the Sandy Creek Slideshow! Granted, in the next 2 months, he will probably double his weight, so I imagine I might add a few more pounds to that, but it's okay as long as he is healthy. I think I might put a poll on our blog soon for you all to guess what his weight might be.
Samuel's heartbeat sounded good and my midwife confirmed that he is already "head down" in the birth position. There's always the chance that he could change positions, but my babies typically get into their place and then stay put, so I am not concerned about that.
Really, that's about all for now, but I start going every 2 weeks now and at 36 weeks we'll begin going every week. I am not looking forward to that. I'm beginning to feel as if maybe I'm not going to be as "ready" for Samuel's birth as I have been with the others. It's already time to think about getting preregistered at the hospital and I have yet to go through the baby clothes or put up the bassinet or anything like that. (I do have diapers, though!) It will get done eventually. Right now, I'm just resting up from our very busy month and looking forward to some down time before he is born.
No comments:
Post a Comment