She had already picked out the fabric for a book cover (a neat bird print), not knowing which book she was going to cover. This evening, she said she wanted to get started on it and had picked a random hardcover book off the shelf and it made me think of the hardcover Book of North American Birds that we have had since I was a kid. Perfect! Since I often find little ones pouring over this book I knew it would be a good one to put a cover on.
Thus saith the Lord, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls.Jeremiah 6:16a
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Another Sewing Project Completed!
Emily finished sewing another pillowcase and her stitching was greatly improved over the first one! I told her that if she did well on the second pillowcase, she could move on to the next project in the book - a book cover.
She had already picked out the fabric for a book cover (a neat bird print), not knowing which book she was going to cover. This evening, she said she wanted to get started on it and had picked a random hardcover book off the shelf and it made me think of the hardcover Book of North American Birds that we have had since I was a kid. Perfect! Since I often find little ones pouring over this book I knew it would be a good one to put a cover on.
I supervised the measuring and cutting and helped her with the few questions she had. Wow! She is getting good. Daddy was impressed with how straight her stitches were and I think I'm gonna put her to work sewing covers for the textbooks we are going to switch to next year for homeschool!
She had already picked out the fabric for a book cover (a neat bird print), not knowing which book she was going to cover. This evening, she said she wanted to get started on it and had picked a random hardcover book off the shelf and it made me think of the hardcover Book of North American Birds that we have had since I was a kid. Perfect! Since I often find little ones pouring over this book I knew it would be a good one to put a cover on.
Labels:
Emily,
Home Ec,
pictures,
preparing daughters,
sewing
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment