My mom helped Emily sew an apron last summer when she was here. Emily did a great job on it and I know she needs to keep practicing and perfecting her skills in sewing, however, I have not had a "plan" and for those who know me, well, I like to have a plan. I had seen
this book online a long time back and had thought it would be good for both Emily (and myself!), so when I found it on ebay for less than $8 I jumped on it! It is in perfect condition and still has all the patterns which have not even been cut out of the book. I told Emily that we would wait until the summer to start, but I know my time with her is short and I need to be teaching her all the things she needs to know
now. Besides, if I can get her sewing well, she can start helping me make skirts, jumpers and dresses for her and her sisters.
She has learned the parts of the sewing machine and practiced threading the machine several times this week. She also practiced sewing some straight lines and zig-zag straight lines on paper. She is doing very well and is very excited about sewing!
Her first project was a pillowcase. She picked out this bright, cheerful fabric for her project which I know she will enjoy. I think she did a fantastic job for not having any help other than me explaining things to her.
1 comment:
Good job emily
Post a Comment