Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Cherokee Day 3

Today we heard that one of the young boys in our age group (2nd-3rd) grade got saved! I think it was last night or this morning, but PRAISE THE LORD! there is a new name written down in glory and his name is Malakiah! His parents are fairly new Christians themselves, so this is very exciting. Jeremiah and I co-taught on Monday night and then Bro. Gary taught last night and tonight (we haven't really had enough in our age group to have more than a few classes. This has worked out really well and we have had opportunity to get to know the children better as we have had 6 of us working with a group of about 14 children. What a blessing they are.

Emily and I spent the morning helping set up for the giveaways again. Tonight we also gave away shoes, in addition to the clothing and food. After VBS I spent about an hour and a half assisting in the giveaways and around 9pm I was given leave to come back to the hotel. Apparently there was some miscommunication and there is a singing group who arrived today to set up for a concert this weekend and so tonight all able-bodied persons are still there at the fair grounds moving all of the food, clothing, shoes and everything to another area of the grounds.

I came back to the hotel to get little ones in bed and do a load of laundry. Tomorrow morning is our morning "off" and we don't have to report in until 2pm.

Thank you for the prayers. I could definitely tell a difference this morning and afternoon, but as the day wore on I started to hurt more. I am probably doing more than my body is able to do and I am glad for the break in the morning.

Please pray for the people of the Snowbird community. We are taking the whole outfit to them on Friday and they are really excited. It will be a hectic day, but hopefully a profitable one for the Lord and for that community.

As I was leaving tonight, an elderly lady was sitting near our van and she thanked us for what we were doing and said that it had really been good for these people and the community. What a blessing that is to know that God has allowed us to be a blessing to these people. I just pray that this will open many doors for this new church as they seek to bring many lost Cherokee people to the Lord.

No comments: