Thursday, June 18, 2009

Peaches

Don't these look yummy? Hannah really loved them.
I was worried that I wouldn't have any to freeze because she kept asking for more.


There is a local place just a couple of miles from our house that is selling fresh-picked peaches from their orchard. Rachel got some for herself today and I asked her to get us some, also. We got most of ours ready for the freezer. We kept out a few of the firmer ones to ripen over the next couple of days. We'll take them with us on our trip. Here are a few pictures of our first ever attempt at preserving peaches. I don't know if we did it right, but I found the directions at this website.

Emily is stirring the sugar water and she would put the peaches in the water
and then into the ice water for us. Rachel was peeling and I was cutting.


We put the peaches in boiling water for about 30 seconds and then into ice water
for a couple of minutes and the skins peeled off pretty easily.

I can't wait to make some peach crisp when I get home!

No comments: