As you can tell from my post title, there is not much to report this week about our garden. Our plants are growing but I really can't tell if we're going to get any harvest. We have had lots of flowers on our squash and cucumber, but we get these heavy, drenching rains and it seems to beat those plants in the ground and then the flowers die. All of a sudden the pepper plants are huge! A couple of our watermelon plants are really growing, too, but no signs of watermelon, yet. The tomato seedlings are absolutely beautiful! I'm no expert, but I think they are in the perfect spot and they are looking so promising.
As we prepare to go on our mission trip (we leave Sunday) all we can do is pray that God will provide the right amount of rain to keep our garden growing until we return home. I will not be posting a garden update next week, so stay tuned in a couple of weeks for a full report and hopefully it will be a good one.
We didn't do a lot in the gardens this week. Here is a picture of my little man watering earlier this week before the rain started. You can see we should probably weed before we leave. The grass will surely take over the tomato plot before we return if we don't! I'll have to get the children on that as my back is really hurting today.
And, finally, I received my first issue of Organic Gardening today. How exciting! I mentioned that you could get a free subscription in my very first gardening post and was delighted that it came today.
No comments:
Post a Comment