Monday, June 29, 2009

Father's Day and the 1st Day of Summer

We combined Father's Day and the 1st Day of Summer this year. They fell on the same day and my parent's church didn't have an evening service that night, so we had all afternoon and evening to relax and have some family fun. It was a much needed break seeing as we were starting VBS again at their church on Monday and we had just come off of 2 weeks straight of VBS.

It's great to be a dad!

We had a good Sunday School hour and during the main service, our family sang and then Jeremiah preached a good message. It was very appropriate for Father's Day. After church, we splurged and went to a Mexican Resturant for lunch and then home to Granny and Grandad's house.

I didn't get a picture of us enjoying our chocolate ice cream, but it sure was yummy!

I started making homemade chocolate ice cream in the ice cream maker that Mom and Dad had left with us when they moved (We did this last year and it was a fun treat). While that was mixing, I pulled out a Nature Bingo game that I had found online for the kids to do. They appeared to really enjoy that and at the end of the hunt, I had a lifelike reptile toy for each of them to find. I had also bought freezer pops and cotton candy (something I never buy) and we took a walk around the yard and looked at the gardens that are there near the house. Then the kids played in the water with the water balloons I had brought along with us.

Water Balloon Fun!

Cotton Candy!

Lizards, frogs and turtles! Oh My!

No comments: