Saturday, June 6, 2009

Down on the Farm

This was Week 2 at Camp Wannalaffalotta
and we went Down on the Farm!

Okay, so I guess I read the post wrong that said Toys and Kid Stuff was on the docket for this week, but it's all good. I was rather pleased to see this week's theme. Easy Peasey, considering we raise chickens and now turkeys and are trying our hand at gardening. Nevertheless, the children were excited about having more "fun stuff" this week.

So, here's the play by play of what we did. This was a busy week so we scaled things back a little.

Monday
Library Day to get farm related books. Today we read The Cows are in the Corn but we did not do a craft. However, Seth did help Daddy feed the chickens this afternoon.

Tuesday
Book: Turkeys (Farm Animals)
Craft: Farm Mobiles

Emily's Farm Mobile

Noah tending the "crops"

Seth helps to fill up the water containers for the chickens and turkeys


The turkeys are much younger then the chicken
in the bottom picture but they are about the same size.


We have 6 turkeys.

Thursday
Books: Luck With Potatoes, Fisher-Price Little People Alphabet Farm, Down on the Funny Farm (especially funny because Daddy read it to us!)
Activity: Farm Word Scramble (Emily and Seth)
Today, the field trip came to us when our neighbor came riding by on his horse. He stopped to let the children pet the horse for a few minutes. I didn't get pictures, but rest assured we had some very happy "campers!"

No comments: