Friday, June 19, 2009

Our Garden - Squash, Cucumbers & Peppers!

This is our weekly garden update for the
Teaching Good Things From Seeds to Harvest Challenge.

Tiny little bell peppers starting to grow.

We returned home last weekend to find that God had watched over our garden and watered it perfectly for us while we were gone. I don't have any pictures of the children working in the garden this week because I did the weeding and watering very early in the morning while they were still sleeping. I have to get out there before it gets too hot or I won't want to get outside at all.

One of our tomato plants.

Most of the tomato plants have blooms on them, as do the watermelon, cucumber and squash. There are tiny baby peppers on the pepper plants, a couple of squash starting to grow and the cutest little green cucumber I've ever seen. I can not wait to harvest some of these yummy vegetables!

The watermelon plant is growing like crazy! I hope soon to have little watermelons.

I love squash, so I am very happy to see that these are finally growing.

The tomato plants need to be staked, but Jeremiah hasn't had time this week to help me with that due to work and VBS, so I don't know if it will get done before we leave again on Saturday. There are no tomatoes yet, so maybe it will be okay.

I've been thinking ahead to what I will do if our tomato plants start really producing. Is there a way to preserve them without canning? I don't have canning equipment. I'll have to reread Kathy's post on where to get canning supplies, if that's the only way to preserve them.

Our one tiny little cucumber.

And what is a garden without a "Peter Rabbit"?
I don't mind seeing these little guys all over our yard because our gardens are fenced.

Here is a picture of the Bath Basket I won from the Teaching Good Things From Seeds to Harvest Challenge. I was so delighted when it arrived today!

It included:
Milk & Oatmeal Bath
Goat's Milk & Honey Lotion
Oatmeal & Lavender Soap
Brown Sugar Scrub

These items are made by Southern Belle Bath.

Sounds like just the remedy for me as I near the end of this pregnancy!

No comments: