Monday, June 29, 2009

Surprise!

We arrived home Saturday evening to this...


While we were gone last week, Jeremiah's father sanded and refinished our dining room table. It was in seriously sad shape, but it was given to us free about 7 years ago, so we weren't complaining! If I had to guess, I'd say it was close to 30 years old. The lady who gave it to us had raised her kids around that table, and she already had grandchildren! I look forward to having it around for many more years (until our growing family outgrows it, I guess). Thinking about it now...I have taught 3 of my children to read at that table, they have all learned to write at that table, not to mention all the family mealtimes we have had, and friendly visits with family and friends.

So, a huge "THANK YOU!" to Papaw for our "new" dining room table. It's so pretty now that I don't want to cover it with a tablecloth.

No comments: