Sunday, August 16, 2009

Baby Shower Blessings

Prayer Request: I am 15 days from my due date and having contractions everyday, sometimes for hours at a time pretty regularly, but they are not strong enough or close enough to get excited about. This can be somewhat discouraging. While not too painful, they are uncomfortable enough to keep me from sleeping through them or doing anything while having one. This pre-labor for me could go on for another week or more and it's already been a week. Please pray for me that I would keep my focus on the Lord and not the labor. I have never struggled this much with labor as I am this time and I am positive it is an attack of Satan to keep me discouraged. Thank you.

Now, on to the real post. I was thinking last night that I wanted to post a list of the recent blessings that God has given me because it will help my attitude and I'm just so thankful that even though I have not been bringing Him glory the past few days in my attitude and actions, He has been faithful.

Blessings this Week
  1. Rachel went to my midwife appointment with me and the children on Friday. She was a tremendous help and blessing to me. She drove and took care of the children and that would have been a much more tiresome day for me had I not had her help.
  2. On our way home Friday evening we stopped at a friend's home to pick up the delicious spaghetti meal that she had prepared for us. God laid it on her heart to fix a meal for us and then led her to prepare it on Friday. What a blessing to not have to come home from a day-long trip and grocery shopping to have to fix supper.
  3. A church family who is excited about Samuel's arrival and who generously blessed us with many special and useful gifts. Exceedingly. Abundantly. More than the gifts they gave us, they lifted my spirit today more than they will ever know just by being so excited about our new little one.
  4. Our church youth choir sang tonight and one of the songs was about the Lord's goodness to us. While the song itself was a tremendous blessing to me, what was even sweeter was hearing my precious daughter (Emily) singing her first solo in church. I had to look twice before I realized it was her as I had never heard her sing like that. I wish I had a recording of it!
Here are a few picture highlights from this afternoon.

Some of the ladies who celebrated with us today.

Rachel, her mother-in-law and sister-in-law went in together to purchase us a beautiful carrier/car seat. Much nicer than we would have been able to purchase ourselves. Thank you, Lord! We were given several packages of disposable diapers, which, when added to what I had already purchased, gives us plenty for the first 3 months, I believe. Thank you, Lord! We were also given some money towards the purchase of some more cloth diapers for Samuel. Thank you, Lord! There were many other gifts. One in particular is a beautiful little blue cross wall hanging with a verse on it that was chosen for Samuel by a little 5-year old girl in our church. How sweet. Also, a handmade flannel blanket that is exactly what I had been wanting to make myself for Samuel but hadn't had the money to purchase the fabric to do it. Thank you, Lord! I am also thankful for all the little things that mean so much when you are starting out with a newborn...Diaper Rash Cream, pacifiers!, Gas Drops for tummy aches, wipes, baby wash and lotion, onesies and outfits to grow into and adorable little blue bunny booties to keep his little feet warm.


One more thing I'm thankful for...
that Stacey opted to NOT have the ladies play the game
where you guess the circumference of me and Samuel! LOL

No comments: