I was given this wonderful devotional book many children ago and I always enjoy reading through it after I have a new baby. I came across this poem today and wanted to share it. I fall short of this everyday, but with God's help, I am learning to have a meek and quiet spirit and to enjoy every moment of this journey called motherhood. I am truly blessed to have a husband who wants me at home with our children, to teach and train them up to be mighty men and women of God. Of course, it's taking a lot of refining in my own life to be up to the task and I know that as long as I'm here I will always be in the refining process.
A Mother's Prayer
Father in heaven, make me wise,
So that my gaze may never meet
A question in my children's eyes.
God keep me always kind and sweet.
And patient, too, before their need;
Let each vexation know its place,
Let gentleness be all my creed,
Let laughter live upon my face!
A mother's day is very long,
There are so many things to do!
But never let me lose my song
Before the hardest day is through.
Margaret E. Sangster
Having a newborn in the house again keeps me ever mindful that my time with these precious children is short. This week has brought many new challenges and many blessings. After several days and nights of feedings that never seemed to stop, Samuel is settling into a nice eating/sleeping pattern. Having a toddler in addition to a newborn has been a new challenge as well. We are slowly figuring things out, though. Hannah is not showing any aggression towards Samuel, but I am trying to be careful to rock and hold her and care for her like before.
As we have been adjusting this week, we have been blessed beyond measure by our church family. Four ladies have brought us absolutely delicious meals and two others have provided childcare while I've had to take Samuel to the doctor twice this week. Not to mention Rachel taking time to drive us to those appointments. God is so good to us and although we don't deserve it, we are thankful for all He does for us through our family and friends. You all have made the arrival of Samuel an even more joyous occasion.
As we have been adjusting this week, we have been blessed beyond measure by our church family. Four ladies have brought us absolutely delicious meals and two others have provided childcare while I've had to take Samuel to the doctor twice this week. Not to mention Rachel taking time to drive us to those appointments. God is so good to us and although we don't deserve it, we are thankful for all He does for us through our family and friends. You all have made the arrival of Samuel an even more joyous occasion.
No comments:
Post a Comment