Okay, so far, this has to be my favorite thing that Emily has sewn. I love bags and I enjoyed learning along with Emily. I was so surprised to see how easy they are to make. Emily did a really great job. She is still working on keeping her stitching straight but for her first try it is fantastic! She even put pockets on the outside and we learned how to make the bottom flat instead of the bag just being folded in half. This is certainly something she will use often and can be proud to say, "I made it myself!" This lesson involved using a pattern for the first time. I'm happy to see her excited about sewing and learning how to stick with it until the project is completed. Seth has requested that Emily make him a tote bag. I think she is realizing that being able to sew will allow her to make things for her family and friends for Christmas and birthdays.
Just a little note about Abigail. She has also caught the "sewing bug" and after I read the book Corduroy this week with her and Noah, I asked her if she'd like to learn how to sew on a button. She was eager to try and has done very well. She has sewn several by herself in the past couple of days. Now she is asking to use the sewing machine. Looks like I might have to start working with her, too! Good thing there is a book for little girls her age.
1 comment:
Beautiful tote and beautiful seamstress! Yeah!
Post a Comment