Thursday, August 6, 2009

Reminiscing

I always get reminiscent right before I have a baby. I was looking through some digital photos last night and came across one of each child at the hospital, except for Emily. We weren't too technically savvy when she was born. :-) I guess it's my way of processing and preparing for what's to come in the next few weeks. Your prayers are appreciated for a quick, safe, healthy, no-pain-medicine delivery.

Jeremiah holding Seth shortly after birth. We didn't find out during the pregnancy if Seth was a boy or girl. We waited until he was born. Haven't done it with any of the others. I like to be in the know. Seth still holds the record for being my easiest labor. :-)

Here I am getting ready to take Abigail home. I had pain meds in labor with Abigail and the hospital policy had changed so that if you had them within 3 hours of delivery, the baby had to spend 3 hours in the nursery for observation. I wasn't happy about it, but I remember I was thankful for the rest after that long night of labor.

They really don't look too impressed with their new sister!

Noah a.k.a. Little Man
He was born to eat and because he was so active and eating so well after birth, my midwife convinced the hospital staff that he did not need to go to the nursery for observation. I had pain meds again, but it was another long night of labor. Funny, I've never actually had a baby in the middle of the night!

I have no idea where Abigail was when this picture was taken. There were lots of people waiting at the hospital when Noah was born because everyone came down from church and were expecting me to have already had the baby. It's pretty much a blur.

Sweet Hannah. I had to switch midwives in the middle of her pregnancy, so I knew I would not have my go-between (like with Noah) if I had pain meds, so this had to be the labor that was "natural". God was gracious and I was not in labor all night, so I was able to pull it off without the medicine, but only by God's strength, Jeremiah's prayers and my mom's support. I was delightfully rewarded with the most active, alert baby I have had to date.

This picture was taken only 19 months ago!
Can you believe how much all of them have grown?


Here we go again!

No comments: