The heavens declare the glory of God;
and the firmament sheweth his handywork.
Psalm 19:1
The sky, constellations and space. It fascinates me and so we will be counting some "school hours" early tomorrow morning (around 4am) when we'll be out on the back deck observing the Perseid Meteor Shower. This will be our 3rd year watching as a family and if I don't get Emily and Seth up, they will most likely not forgive me. Just kidding, but they would be upset. We'll see about getting Noah up, but I'm thinking Abigail will join us, too. It shouldn't be too hard to get up this year, as most mornings I'm at least awake, if not up around that time because of the pregnancy. I've read online that it's supposed to be a pretty spectacular showing this year as we are passing through a thick stream of debris left behind from the Comet Swift-Tuttle. Hopefully the rain and clouds will stay away for a little while.
We're not very "scientific" about our observation, we just enjoy being together and seeing God's handiwork on display. Anyone else have plans to watch?
We're not very "scientific" about our observation, we just enjoy being together and seeing God's handiwork on display. Anyone else have plans to watch?
No comments:
Post a Comment