

Well, it was bound to happen sooner or later. Today Seth came into the house with his hands behind his back and saying to Emily, "Look what I found." Well, I was on the phone to Granny and I about had a fit thinking maybe he had a snake! I was relieved that it was only a toad. From what I can see online, it appears to be a
Fowler's Toad or an American Toad. I'm leaning more towards it being a Fowler's Toad, but they are so similar that it is hard to tell. Jeremiah and the kids worked in the yard today and there were bugs and other critters everywhere. It's amazing what hides in your yard! Sometimes, I'd rather not know. Next he brought in a spider and then I turned around and Abby had a butterfly or moth. Finally, I couldn't take it anymore, I just had to tell them to take all their critters outside! I felt like everywhere I turned there were bugs and toads and insects! Ewww!
So, lots of "hands on" Nature Study today for our homeschool!
Sorry to interrupt all the sweet baby posts with a toad. Back to more Samuel tomorrow because we just find him irresistible!
No comments:
Post a Comment