Here are a few pictures from our field trip to the aquarium on Friday. We had a wonderful time with both of Jeremiah's sisters and their families. We had read a few ocean life books through the week and the children enjoyed seeing those animals up close and even touching a couple of them! The aquarium website had an activity where the children could fill in the answers and turn in their completed paper at the end of our visit and get a prize. Emily and Seth completed theirs and got a picture frame with a picture of the penguins in it and a large sea animals poster. Also, each of the children had an "AquaQuest" which I had downloaded and printed off for them according to grade level. They each had a clipboard and carried them around and filled them out. Noah's and Abby's consisted of things like, "Circle the animals you saw." and "Which animal is blue?" I didn't think Noah would enjoy it as much as he did, but he kept at it the whole time. I think it really helped them to focus on more of the details than they normally would have.
We are getting spoiled by getting to have Daddy around so much! We love it!Seth asked me on Friday morning if Daddy was going to come home early so he could go with us and I (believing he was not) told him that Daddy had to work, so he wouldn't be going with us. Well, surprise, surprise! Daddy called while we were on our way to let us know that he was taking 2 hours incentive time (earned paid time off) to join us for the afternoon! Of course, this made the entire trip even that much better for all of us! There was a time many years ago when our children were happier to not have Daddy join us. The Lord has definitely done a work in turning Jeremiah's heart towards his children.
Thank you, Mandy & Aaron for our fun-filled afternoon!
I think these alligators were playing "King of the Pile" because
they kept climbing on top of each other and falling over and doing it again.
A penguin building a nest, one rock at a time.
Abigail wanted to touch this shark, but pulled her hand back when it came near.
I don't think that she actually touched it.
I just couldn't resist a picture of this butterfly.
There were lots of beautiful varieties in the Butterfly Garden.
"Shark Bait!" This cage was really used in filming some television documentary or show ( I can't remember) and the bent bars behind Emily were actually bent by a Great White Shark.
No comments:
Post a Comment