Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

God has certainly blessed me with the opportunity to be a mother. I have never taken this privilege lightly, however, as I grow closer to The Lord, I am even that much more aware of the amount of reliance on Him that it takes to mother His way. My flesh does not like to mother God's way. And I must admit, a lot of the time my flesh gets the victory and I am like Paul in Romans 7:19 when he says, For the good that I would I do not; but the evil which I would not, that I do.

It was told on Tuesday, during our Baptist History Field Trip, how the mothers of those Pioneer Baptist Preachers would walk along beside them on their way to be burned at the stake and quote scripture to them and encourage them to stay strong in The Lord. My prayer and deepest desire is to always be pointing my children to God. So much of the time I find myself so focused on the here and now that I forget that what I am doing today is impacting not just the lives of my own children, but, should the Lord tarry, future generations.

This Mother's Day marks my 10th year celebrating as a mother. The longer I am a mother, the more I appreciate and respect my mother and the sacrifices she made
joyfully for our home and family. (I love you, Mom!) I pray that I will be a joyful mother and that my children will see me walk with God and see me serve Him by serving those in my home, the place where He has called me to be.

Now, I'd like to share a few highlights of our day.

Emily surprised me this morning with a clothespin dress! I am so excited to have one of these and I'm so proud of her for making it by herself! Aunt Rachel helped and it was a complete surprise! (
Thank you, Rachel!) Seth, Abby and Noah all brought me home sweet fold out cards that they had colored that spell MOM and Abby and Seth made the sweetest foam flowers. I am blessed to have such thoughtful children who enjoy doing for others.


Some of our roses are blooming and my sweet Seth asked yesterday for a flower for his coat to wear to church this morning. I don't even begin to claim to know how to make a butoneer (I didn't even look it up on the internet!), but hopefully it didn't look too bad. I think my little preacher man looks so handsome.

Jeremiah tells me that I missed a really great sermon this morning. I was home with Hannah. She wasn't feeling well and I wasn't sure what was wrong, so I erred on the side of caution. This is Home and Family Month at church and all pastor's messages are focused on home and family. I had lunch ready when Jeremiah and the four older children got home and we had a nice lunch and visit with Grandpa Mac. Hannah has greatly improved through the day so we'll all be going back to church tonight and then having some friends over for fellowship tonight after church since Jeremiah doesn't have to get up at 4am!

No comments: