Saturday, May 23, 2009

The Survivor Guys

Well, my two guys made it home safely with nothing but exciting stories to tell of all the fun they had while on their 2-day canoe trip. They didn't get sunburned and they didn't capsize their canoe even one time, although I hear from an eye-witness that they got stuck an awful lot. Jeremiah said he didn't see any creepy-crawlies (I told them, just b/c he didn't see them didn't mean they weren't there!) but they did see snakes and a beaver and mysteriously a tree crashed down right near them at one point. I believe next time they will pack a little more substantial food for while they are at camp. I hear some were eating steak and potatoes for supper and bacon and pancakes for breakfast. (Jeremiah took hotdogs.) They tell me that next time they will look for a more level spot to sleep on. Apparently, they were on a little slope and kept slipping down all night long. The Inman brothers are working on a dvd of the trip and took tons of photos. We are hoping to get copies of them to share.

For now, here's a picture of Seth fishing. He caught a couple of Rock Bass and a Bluegill. We really missed them while they were gone, but we know they had an incredible time and Jeremiah has promised that he will go camping with us - SOON! Well, not in the next few months, but maybe after Samuel is born. I'm sure for an 8-year-old boy these 2 days with "the guys" were far better than any camping trip with his mama and aunts. LOL

No comments: