Thus saith the Lord, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls.Jeremiah 6:16a
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
A Ruffle Skirt
Yet another free skirt pattern I found online. Yay! I got adventurous when I saw this pattern and decided to try it for Emily. I thought this bright, daisy print combined with the ruffle on the bottom was feminine and fun for a 10-year old girl. The pattern called for using the contrasting fabric for the waistband/casing as well as the ruffle, but I realized that I had cut it too long, so I just made the casing like I have been doing for the other skirts and it shortened it up a bit. Emily has been getting taller and it seems every time I turn around a skirt that was fine just a few months ago is all of a sudden too short, so hopefully this will give her some growing room. I will admit that I'm not crazy about sewing ruffles! I'm just no good at doing gathers and getting them spaced neatly and evenly, so I think I'll go back to the regular skirts for the next few that I need to make for our mission trip. Besides, I only have about 3 weeks to get 2 jumpers made for myself and at least 2 more skirts apiece for the girls, so quick and simple are the priority now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh how adorable! Thanks for sharing this pattern. I can't wait to make one of these for my 9yo old.
Post a Comment