Friday, May 15, 2009

Baking Day!

Well, more like a baking afternoon, but to me it felt like most of the day! Jeremiah had mentioned this week how much he liked waffles and on Wednesday at the grocery store he had an oatmeal raisin cookie (the deli gives them to the kids free) and he asked me to get the items I needed to bake some. So I pulled out my Make-A-Mix book and we started baking! I have had this book for years, although I don't use it as often as I should. I was going to make a big batch of pancake and waffle mix, but I did not have all the ingredients I needed.

Here's what we accomplished:
4 dozen Oatmeal Raisin Cookies (and enough dough for that many more in the freezer)
2 dozen regular & 3 dozen mini Chocolate Chip Muffins (most of which are in the freezer)
We also mixed up the dry ingredients for waffles for breakfast in the morning


No, it's not a lot of variety, but at least it's something. (I need to reorganize my freezer before I do too much more freezer baking!) We'll be doing a lot of traveling in June, so it will be nice to be able to pull these out for snacks and breakfasts on the go.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

What a neat cook book. Thanks for the link. I had never heard of it. We do most if not all of our baking from scratch, but rarely do large batche to freeze (except bread) I just don't have the freezer space, and the family is spoiled and isn't thrilled with frozen baked goods. Something I should work on though because it would save time. Thanks for sharing. It all looks so yummy!