
Our sweet Abigail turned 6 years old today. She has patiently been waiting for her birthday. She is last in line until Samuel arrives!

She, Seth and Noah spent a few hours with Aunt Rachel this afternoon while I went to the store to get her birthday present. Rachel took them to the park
(thanks, Rachel!). That made her day more special. After supper, we had a party with Great-Grandpa Mac. Aunt Rachel and Aunt Katie came over a little later and we played outside for a while.

Again, Emily wowed us with her baking/decorating skills. The pan was borrowed from Mrs. Becky at church.
(Thank you, Becky!). I think Abby was very pleased with her cake. It tasted great!
Abigail had picked out a horse play set when we were in a store in Chattanooga last month, so she knew she was getting that, but we also gave her a Littlest Pet Shop owl pet. Great-Grandpa gave her $3 which is always exciting when you are a child!

Daddy and Mommy got her a bicycle. It's been the year of the bikes, but I think everyone has a working bike now, so we should be good for a while! Unfortunately, when Daddy was taking off the training wheels (she has been riding without training wheels for months) he discovered that it wasn't working like a new bike should, so Aunt Rachel is going to exchange it for us tomorrow.

This year, I found a pinata at a little store called The Saturday Shop. It's kind of a thrift store/yard sale in one and is only open on Saturdays. It was a too good to beat price and I knew all of the children would love it, so I got it. Plus, it was Strawberry Shortcake and since that's the nickname we have given Abby, it was perfect. I have never gotten any of the children a pinata before, so this was an extra-special treat for them. After each of them had a turn at hitting it, Daddy said he wanted a turn. (See video below!)
No comments:
Post a Comment